Monday, November 14, 2005
What is this all about?
This blog will cover our group on the Antarctic Peninsula stationed at Palmer Station, a U.S. research installation. Here a team of two SUNY ESF students, I an Environmental Chemist (George Westby) and an Environmental Policy Major (Kerry McElroy) will be gathering data, and leading newcomers, on a project revealing pathways of organic sulfur. In this blog we will talk about our research and will also cover much of the social aspect of being on a lengthy research trip. Please ask any questions.
- Name: gorg
- Location: Upstate NY, United States
I have been given the awesome opportunity to travel the world while finishing a Masters Degree in Chemistry. My family is the best thing on earth. I miss my cocker (quinlan). I am totally stoked to be back in Antarctica.
- Comments Please!
- Iron Time
- The ice is back in town...
- How cool is this place?
- Ice is moving! Woo Hoo!
- Today started quite crazy like. We came into Palme...
- We have been setting up all of our equipment, orga...
- Well, We are here and things are starting to final...
- We have spent the last few days down here in Punta...
Palmers Days and Nights